Thursday, March 25
1:00 – 5:00 PM
When: Thursday, March 25, 2021 from 1:00-4:50 PM
Where: Virtual Webinar via Zoom (link and instructions to join will be emailed to registrants closer to the event date)
- Dairy Producers and Employees/Complimentary
- UCCE Farm Advisors and Staff/Complimentary
Our speaker line-up includes University of California Farm Advisors, Specialists, and Dairy Faculty on topics relevant to California dairying.
Who Should Attend:
Dairy producers, employees, nutritionists, veterinarians, companies and other members of allied industry who are interested in topics related to dairy production in California.
American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists: 4.0 CEUs approved
California Certified Crop Adviser: 2.0 CEUs approved
California Department of Food and Agriculture (CDFA) Irrigation and Nitrogen Management Program (INMP) – formerly known as CURES: Pending
- Almond hulls in lactating cow diets
- Feed additives to reduce enteric methane
- By-product feeding on CA dairies
Animal Management and Health
- Polled genetics- ready for prime time?
- Feeding more milk – does it pay?
- Recharging groundwater aquifers
- Water savings from forage sorghum
- Growing sugar beets as dairy feed
Priority Nitrate Management Zones
- Whole farm balance